Photo: Blessings ceremony for recently finished nuns’ nursing building.
Visiting the monastery
- Monastery is open in a limited way from 10am until 14:00pm daily. Currently people can visit the temple during this time. The Anumodana/meal blessing will take place in this location.
- A specific area has been designated for visitors to access. This will continue to expand depending on the risk levels.
- To protect everyone’s safety during this time, we will provide hand sanitizers and request everyone to wear a face covering.
- Please book by going to amaravati.org/book.
- Note: Please do not visit if you are unwell!
Offering Dāna and making deliveries
- The monastery second gate is open from 6.30 am until 5 pm for any deliveries. (Exact location on Google maps for directions)
- Mail/parcels/packages: you will see a table on the right for mail
- Food/non-food dāna: you will see a few tables on the left (next to the walk-in fridge).
- If you wish to bring cooked food, please deliver these in the morning before
11.15 am10.15am. The kitchen team is available to talk to you about your offering, and will collect items from the delivery area. During the rest of the day you can bring non-cooked food or household items.
- Dedications: you can leave a note to be read out during the meal blessing.
- Useful items for the monastery: each week we compile a list of items that the monastery is useful and items we have arelady too much of: updated dana list
Many activities that were previously provided on-site has been made available online. Please click for more information on each activity:
Retreats are provided online: retreat calendar
Saturday meditation workshop available via Zoom
Other events: monastery events calendar
This page will be regularly updated. Last update: 9th Jan 2022