Photo: Blessings ceremony for recently finished nuns’ nursing building.
Offering Dāna and making deliveries
- The monastery second gate is open from 6.30 am until 5 pm for any deliveries. (Exact location on Google maps for directions)
- Mail/parcels/packages: you will see a table on the right for mail
- Food/non-food dāna: you will see a few tables on the left (next to the walk-in fridge).
- If you wish to bring cooked food, please deliver these in the morning before
11.15 am10.15am. The kitchen team is available to talk to you about your offering, and will collect items from the delivery area. During the rest of the day you can bring non-cooked food or household items.
- Dedications: you can leave a note to be read out during the meal blessing.
- Useful items for the monastery: each week we compile a list of items that the monastery is useful and items we have arelady too much of: updated dana list
Visiting the monastery
- Monastery is open in a limited way from
10.30am until 1pm daily (Summer time)10am until 12:30pm daily for visitors that have booked.
- A specific area has been designated for visitors to access. This will continue to expand depending on the risk levels.
- Maximum of 30 people per day, maximum of 15 people for one group.
- To protect everyone’s safety during this time, we will provide hand sanitizers and request everyone to wear a face covering.
- Please book by going to amaravati.org/book.
- Note: Please do not visit if you are unwell!
Many activities that were previously provided on-site has been made available online. Please click for more information on each activity:
Retreats are provided online: retreat calendar
Saturday meditation workshop available via Zoom
Other events: monastery events calendar
This page will be regularly updated. Last update: 12 September 2021