Many lay supporters ask what the monastery’s specific needs are, so they can offer requisites to the Amaravati community. The list below indicates the items needed by the community and is updated regularly . Should you wish to check on what items are most needed at any particular time, you can also contact Amaravati by email, using the form on the contact page.
Information for supporters wanting to offer dana during the lockdown period:
- During this time, it is more helpful to bring groceries and pre-packaged goods rather than cooked food.
- There is a table for deliveries and dana by the back gate. You are welcome to leave your offerings there, together with any dedications to be read out at the meal blessing.
- The back gate is usually opened at 6.30 am and locked around 5 pm.
Thank you for your kind support.
Dana List for 19 June 2021
- Vegetables (fresh or frozen)
- brita filter maxtra, oval type
- big (cook’s) lighters
- brown sugar
- coffee mate (small amounts)
- soya milk
- plain yoghurt
- Rice cakes
- Ibu profen
- £ 1.70 stamps (or higher value)
We currently have plenty of
- White rice
- Bottled water
- Muesli and Oats
- Baked beans
- Chopped tomatoes
- Black and Green tea
- Hand soap
- Cream cleaner
- Toilet/bathroom cleaner
- Antibacterial/multi purpose cleaner
- Washing-up liquid
Please note that in an effort to support environmental concerns we would like to ask monastery supporters not to bring bottled water.
Amaravati Retreat Centre
Please see the support section of the Retreat Centre.